Nose surgery (or rhinoplasty) is often performed to create facial balance, making the nose more in proportion with the individual’s other facial features. Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of the nose by changing nose size, width or profile; addressing humps or depressions on the bridge of the nose; resizing and/or reshaping the nostrils, or tip of the nose. Rhinoplasty can correct structural defects in the nose that impair breathing such as deviated septum or other defects caused by past trauma to the nose.
Concerns nose surgery can address
- My nose is too large for my face.
- I have a hump or bump on my nose.
- I have trouble breathing through nose
- I don’t like the size/shape of my nostrils (or tip of my nose)
- My nose is crooked from an injury
- Sometimes covered by insurance if considered medically necessary.