A face lift (or rhytidectomy) is used to reduce visible signs of aging in the face and neck such as loss of skin tone that creates mid-face sagging, deep creases below the eyes, and deep creases extending from the nose to the corner of the mouth. A neck lift can improve conditions such as "turkey wattle", double chin, and jowling. Face lifts are often done in combination with eyelid surgery and brow lift surgery.
Concerns a face lift/neck lift can address
- I look older than I feel
- I have jowls or loose skin along my jawline
- Deep creases between lower eyelids and cheeks (called tear troughs)
- Deep creases between my nose and mouth (nasolabial fold)
- My face sags making me look tired or sad.
- Not covered by insurance
- Frequently done with eyelid surgery and brow lift