Aging, heredity, and fluctuations in weight can cause the underside of your upper arms to sag or appear to be loose. This problem cannot be corrected with exercise. Arm lift or brachiaplasty surgery reshapes the arm by removing excess, sagging or droopy skin, and in some cases fat, from the inner arm and tightens and smooths the underlying supportive tissue that gives the upper arm its shape and definition. Arm lift surgery results in a smoother, more contoured appearance of the upper arm.
Concerns an arm lift can address
- The underside of my upper arms swings back and forth when I wave my arms.
- I’m embarrassed to wear sleeveless or short-sleeved shirts because my upper arms droop.
- No matter how much I work out, my upper arms are lax.
- Pockets of fat in the upper arm region
- Ideal candidates maintain a stable weight and are not significantly overweight.
- Covered by some insurance plans if considered medically necessary